The governing documents
Documents for the Adjutant
Inspection & Documentation
Documents and guides from the IG Department
- General Impression Reference Form or in Word Document (2003) Format – This is the form each recreated unit has on file with the Inspector General that describes and documents the overall background and general appearance of the unit as a whole. If the unit is a uniformed group, most everything necessary for the IIF would be covered here.
- Civilian General Impression Reference Form or in Word Document Format – This is the form each civilian recreated unit has on file with the Inspector General that describes and documents the overall background and general appearance of the unit as a whole.
- Individual Inspection Form (IIF) – or in Word Document (2003) Format – This is the form, with instructions, that every member needs to complete prior to being inspected. If you have any questions about the forms or inspections, contact the NWTA Inspector General.
- Researching and Wearing Your Revolutionary War Clothing with Confidence – A guide to researching 18th century clothing for those whose impressions are not provided by their unit’s GIRF, as well as other reenactors and living historians.
- Recommended Books and Websites for Clothing Research: The Era of the American Revolution – A list of sources under various categories, including original 18th century garments, fabrics, descriptions of runaways, and online museum collections.
- Hand Sewing Help: Stitches for 18th Century Reproduction Clothing – A collection of photos illustrating hand stitches found in 18th century extant garments, as well as links to tutorials demonstrating how to do them.
- Fabric Hints for 18th Century Reproduction Clothing – Tips for reenactors and living historians on fabric choices, including 18th century fabric terminology and how fabric and selvages were made during the American Revolution era.
Guides on hosting events
- Order of Merit – The Order of Merit is a recognition of individual member participation in multiples of seven years.
- Paymaster Disburstment Request – This form is to be used when requesting reimbursement for NWTA related expenses